Take part in our February Fitness Challenge
Four weeks & four challenges to build strength for aerial!
Week 1 is all about CORE, try the exercises below for strong aerial abs!
Plank with shoulder taps
- Find a strong plank position, ensure that your shoulders are over your wrists, and that your head is in line with your spine.
- Try lifting one hand to touch your opposite shoulder, altering your plank position as little as possible! Repeat changing hands.
- Push your weight back further into your feet if this feels like it is working your arms more than your core.
- Lay on your back with your feet flat to the floor. Ensure that all of your back is flat to the floor and that you are not arching.
- Engage your abs and curve upwards peeling your shoulder blades off the floor, keep your head in line with your spine and neck relaxed.
- Lower back down to the floor with control and repeat.
- Lift your legs to point up to the ceiling, engage your abs and slowly lower your legs down to the floor, hovering your legs just off the floor, lift them back up to the ceiling with control. Repeat.
- You can lay with your back to the floor, or curl up into the curch position.
- Lay on the floor with your arms above your head, keeping your arms and legs straight fold upwards and balance off the floor. Hold the V shape for 1-3 seconds and lower back down with control.
- You can return to laying on the floor between each rep or hold a dish shape, hovering your legs and upper body off the floor.